- a lady had been drug through the parking lot of a Wal-Mart after someone had tried to steal her purse.
- a police chase resulted in one dead, when the driver of the car apparently flipped and landed in a ditch. One of the other two passengers is in critical condition and the other one was fine.
- a store clerk had been robbed and brutally beat.
- a man suspected of robbing and beating his victims in shopping centers is finally captured.
- people are going around stealing manhole covers.
Now, I know that people in the largest cities in America are saying, “Is that all?”. But you must understand, it’s becoming more and more common in smaller cities and towns that were once known as safe. It’s so sad, because it’s a sign of things to come. People are becoming more and more cold and heartless. Most of these crimes are senseless and based on pure selfishness. What could you possibly get out of stealing manhole covers???? Really??? It’s just a testament of things to come. Matthew 24:12 reads “And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold”. No truer words have been spoken right now.
I’m not a prophet and I don’t pretend to be. To be honest, prophesy isn’t really needed if you study the word of God for yourself. Because everything we need to know is within those pages. If you’re not certain, check out the following scriptures for yourself (Matthew 24: 4 – 13). It’s all so evident. One thing is certain. We are definitely much closer to the day of Judgement than we were yesterday.
It’s important that we’re in the right place when it happens. Unfortunately, no one will ever know the exact date (Matthew 24:36, 42, & 50). But the requirement of a Christian is more than just knowing who Jesus Christ is. You should love God with all your heart and soul (Matt. 22:37) and love your neighbors as yourselves (Matt. 22:39). These are the first two commandments. If you love God, surely you will work diligently to do ALL that he asks you to do. And if you love people like you love yourself, you will treat them well.
I believe that if we ALL abided by those two laws, there’d be peace and harmony on earth…think about it! It saddens me to witness all the corruption and lovelessness that exists today. But the greatest peace I have is that when this world is over, I have an opportunity to live where that negative stuff will never enter in. Don’t you want to be there too?